Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The 'Werewolf' Family's Outcry

 Families who suffer from this often beg for treatment of their condition. Families such as Devi Budhathoki's; a thirty-seven year old Nepal man whose family has been the subject of ridicule for years. He and his daughters and twelve-year-old son also have a mild form of hypertrichosis.
Budhathoki went on to say that, “My children have talked about a new life ever since we received word that the hospital was going to treat us,”.

Sufferers from hypertrichosis, also known as “werewolf syndrome”, have in previous centuries been used as freakshow performers at circuses. I find this to be very wrong and very, very cruel. People don't deserve to be locked in cages or mocked for their appearence.

 “My son is fed up with the mockery he is subjected to and he has told his friends that he will be back with a new face so they can no longer tease him. More than myself, I’m worried about my children,” Budhathoki goes on to say.
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/entertainment/26-Mar-2012/-werewolf-family-to-be-treated-in-nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment